Today only! 20% off selected t-shirts and tops at Vertbaudet for babies, boys and girls.
Amazon Familyis the new membership programme for your family that helps you save time and money with hundreds of great offers on products for babies, children and parents.
Join Amazon Familyfree for 3 months and get:
- 20% off subscriptions to Huggies nappies until 28 February 2013
- £10 off when you spend £50 in the Amazon Baby Storewhere you can save on thousands of items including nappies, pushchairs, car seats, baby bouncers, baby books, baby carriers, baby monitors, baby toys and much more
- Free 3 month subscription to Amazon Prime giving you One-Day Delivery on millions of eligible items
- At least £50 worth of exclusive offers every month – save money on family essentials as well as beauty products, books, clothing and much more
- A further £25 off when you spend £50 in the Amazon Baby Storeat the end of your 3 free months
What is Amazon Family?
Amazon Familyis a membership programme for parents of babies and young children, helping you to find and save on everything you and your family needs.
The wide selection of products in the Amazon Baby Store and leading brands such as Huggies, Fisher-Price, Maxi-Cosi, Tommee Tippee, Recaro, Philips AVENT, Trunki and Cosatto means you can find everything you need for your baby and children including pushchairs, car seats, nappies, baby food, nursery furniture, toys and feeding products.
No doubt you will have heard Breast is Best.
Despite this there’s still a lot of debate when it comes to feeding and what’s best for your baby.
Exclusive breastfeeding, mixed feeding with breast milk and formula or exclusive formula feeding?
The World Health Organisation (WHO) published a statement in January 2011 indicating findings show exclusive breastfeeding up to the age of 6 months is best for babies, as it helps to achieve optimal growth, development and health.
This statement on breastfeeding by the WHO is for all babies, not just babies in developing countries.
My thoughts are that if you can breastfeed and if you want to breastfeed then it’s best for Mum and baby to breastfeed. Nutritionally, emotionally and physiologically.
Here are just some of the Benefits of Breastfeeding
- The fat in breast milk is more digestible for babies, compared with cow’s milk, so there’s a greater absorption of fat-soluble vitamins into baby’s bloodstream.
- The hormones in breast milk promote baby’s growth.
- Breastfeeding will give your baby the best start and allow them to grow and develop at optimal levels.
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- Breastfeeding decreases the risk of your baby developing infections as Mum’s breast milk provides antibodies for her baby.
- Breastfeeding can help to reduce Mum’s risk of developing breast cancer.
- Breastfeeding is the best way to burn calories, and you get to sit down and put your feet up at the same time!
- Breastfeeding gives Mum and baby regular skin-to-skin contact which nurtures bonding and provides great emotional benefits.
- There’s a reduced risk of breastfed babies developing childhood diabetes.
- Breast milk provides baby with protection against allergies, eczema and asthma.
What are your thoughts on the benefits of breastfeeding?