Today only! 20% off selected t-shirts and tops at Vertbaudet for babies, boys and girls.
Author Archive: Lydia
Dedicated to finding you the best for Baby and Child with the latest offers on everything you need for your little ones.
If you’re looking for a quick, tasty and healthy family meal this Spanish Omelette recipe is great. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and you can even eat it cold on a picnic.
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 6 Free-Range Eggs
- 500g New Potatoes (roughly 8 potatoes)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheese
- Sliced Tomato for the topping
- Olive oil for cooking
1. Wash and cut the potatoes (peel if desired) into small cubes.
2. Boil the potatoes until soft. Allow the potatoes to cool.
3. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Gently fry in a little olive oil.
4. Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix together. Stir in the onion and garlic.
5. Pour a little olive oil into a non-stick fry pan and heat. Add the potatoes evenly across the pan and pour the egg mixture on top.
6. Cook for 15 minutes until almost set and golden brown underneath.
7. Gently push the tomatoes into the top of the omelette and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
8. Put the fry pan under the oven grill (be careful to ensure the pan handle is outside the oven as this could get very hot and burn).
9. Cook for a further minute or two until golden on top.
10. Ready to serve. Grind some black pepper over to taste.
Spanish Omelette is delicious with a side salad in summer or seasonal greens in winter.
As a family we do love our organic oats. I make Healthy Flapjacks with oats to take out as a snack and every morning Daddy makes three large bowls of porridge. You wouldn’t be wrong for mistakenly thinking we are the three bears in Goldilocks.
I thought we’d stop eating porridge during the summer months but we just kept going! I like my summer porridge breakfast with a topping of grated apple and cinnamon or with a handful of summer berries (which turn the porridge a delightful red colour).
And in winter a good bowl of porridge with raisins keeps us going throughout the morning.
Porridge is so easy to make. Gently heat some milk in a pan, add the oats and some water, sprinkle in some raisins and gently keep stirring as the oats soak up the liquid and the raisins soften. A delicious and healthy breakfast!