When looking for a car seat for your newborn baby you want to make sure it is safe, easy to use and adaptable should you wish to incorporate it as a travel system.
After much research I felt satisfied that our decision to purchase the Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II Infant Carrierwith the Britax BabySafe ISOFIX Basewas the right one. This is a safe, robust and flexible car seat.
This Group 0+ best newborn car seat is suitable from birth to approximately 12 months (birth to 13 kg).
The Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II Infant Carrieris just as easy to use with a 3-point seatbelt (which came in handy for taxi rides) or with the Britax Baby-Safe ISOFIX Base which we leave fixed in our car for ease of quickly fixing the car seat in and out.
The Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II Infant Carrierhas integrated adaptors which can be used to attach it onto the Britax B-Smart 3 Pushchairor the Britax B-Smart 4 Pushchairwhich is suitable from birth. The click and go system provides an easy release button, making this a very versatile travel system.
Features of the Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II Infant Carrier
- D-SIP® technology – giving Superior Side Impact Protection
- Single handed release mechanism – for easy release from pushchairs
- Aircraft Approved – TUV Certified for air travel
- 5-point safety harness – with one pull adjustment
- Integral recline system – for a flatter position for your baby to lie
- Deep softly padded side wings – for baby’s safety and comfort
- Height adjustable headrest and harness – with easy single handed adjustment from the front, prevents re-thread errors
- Suitable for use with most BRITAX pushchairs – that include the CLICK & GO® feature
- Integrated adaptors – allowing attachment to most BRITAX pushchairs with the CLICK & GO® feature
- Soft touch area on the handle – for comfortable carrying
- 3 position carry handle – with single handed adjustment
- Softly padded and washable quick-remove cover – that can be replaced without interfering with the harness
- Curved base – for rocking or feeding
- Chest pads – for the child’s comfort
- Installation rearward facing with the vehicles 3-point seat belt or with BABY-SAFE Belted Base or BABY-SAFE ISOFIX Base
The Britax Babysafe Plus SHR II Infant Carrier won the Mother & Baby Best Buy Award 2011. You can find out more about the Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II car seat at Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II.
At 13 months old Imogen was beginning to outgrow the Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II car seat so we bought the best Group 1 car seat the Britax Safefix Plus ISOFIX Car Seat.