We made fruit muffins this week which are delicious snacks to take out when we’re at the playground and have spent the morning or afternoon running around, climbing and on the swings.
They’re also perfect for breakfast when you’re on the run.
These healthy muffins have no added sugar as the fresh fruit mixture and raisins naturally sweeten them.
Prep time 10 minutes.
Cooking time 20-25 minutes.
Let’s make No Sugar Muffins with Banana, Apple, Carrot and Raisins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 organic apple
- 1 large organic carrot
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising organic flour
- 1 free-range organic egg
- 1/4 cup organic milk
- 75g organic butter
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C.
2. Grate the carrot and apple.
3. Mash the bananas.
4. Add the carrot, apples and raisins to the mashed banana.
5. Melt the butter and add to the fruit mix, stirring through until just blended.
6. Add the egg and mix well.
7. Stir in flour, add milk and mix lightly.
8. Add the mixture to a lightly greased muffin tin or add to paper muffin cups.
9. Bake at 170 C for 20-25 minutes or until a cake skewer comes clean.
10. Place the muffins on a wire tray to cool for a few minutes.
Mashing the banana with a fork.
Adding the grated carrot, apple and raisins to the banana.
Ready for tasting!
Looking for ideas for nutritious and quick Family Meals? Try my healthy recipes:
Sites That Link to this Post
- Simple Fish Pie - Only Best For Baby : Only Best For Baby | October 12, 2013